Vanta Education, Inc. is seeking a qualified attorney with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience to join its in-house legal team in Phoenix, Arizona as Corporate Counsel supporting the company’s US-based headquarters operations and its international business units.
Corporate Counsel will provide legal services to the company and its subsidiaries across a range of substantive areas, including corporate governance, corporate finance, contracts and commercial transactions, regulatory compliance, real estate, employment, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions and other general legal matters, with support from the company’s General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel. The successful candidate will interact regularly with company personnel outside of the U.S., and will be expected to manage outside counsel in various jurisdictions on a routine basis.
Principal responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Provide legal support, guidance and advice (including drafting and reviewing agreements) related to various commercial arrangements
- Advise on applicable anti-bribery/anti-corruption, OFAC, privacy, foreign investment, and other regulations and support internal processes to ensure compliance
- Advise on and support corporate policy development
- Manage corporate governance requirements (annual filings, Board/shareholder meetings, etc.); manage statutory agents for US and holding companies; respond to requests from business teams and auditors relating to US and local audits; coordinate conflict of interest disclosures and other reporting requirements in various jurisdictions
- Assist with M&A activities, including preparation and/or review of transaction documents, coordinating due diligence activities, managing signing and closing processes, and obtaining necessary approvals
- Advise on use of company trademarks and copyrights and trademarks of others; manage company trademark and domain names portfolio
- Advise finance team on legal requirements associated with intercompany financing transactions; prepare required documentation and manage associated third party approval processes
- Provide legal support for treasury operations, including advising on banking requirements, reviewing and negotiating advisor/cash management agreements, responding to bank requests, etc.
Occasional travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- Juris Doctorate and at least 2 years of professional experience at a law firm in a relevant practice area
- Membership in good standing of a Bar of one of the fifty states or the District of Columbia
- High level of analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex and technical information to persons with non-legal related backgrounds
- Ability to creatively address and solve problems with a commercial mindset
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously under deadline pressure with minimal supervision
- Willingness and disposition to work cooperatively in a team setting with individuals of diverse backgrounds with competing priorities
- Willingness to learn and assume broad range of tasks as member of small legal team in entrepreneurial environment
Preference may be given to candidates with proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese.
About Vanta Education:
Vanta Education, Inc. provides business management, consulting, training and operational services in the fields of higher education and education administration to its network of institutions around the world. Vanta Education institutions include universities, colleges and schools focused on delivering effective, flexible education.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.vantaeducation.com.
Please reference the position you are applying for in the subject line.